The practice has been established in Salisbury for over 100 years; here is an abbreviated history. For a full read of veterinary surgeons around Salisbury, see the Sarum Chronicles article: https://sarumchronicle.wordpress.com/about/sarum-chronicle-previous-issues/sarum-chronicle-issue-15/
Endell Veterinary Group has been based at Endless Street since 1901 under varying names. George Parr bought the existing practice and relocated it from Catherine Street at that time. The history at Catherine Street involves a few different moves along the street and dates back to 1856 with Thomas Aubrey. Herbet Charles Rockett OBE joined George Parr in Endless Street between 1919 and 1924, and upon his retirement in 1946, John "Jack" Beveridge White took over as senior partner. Major Eric Wallace joined the practice between 1932 and 1937 and became the next senior partner. In 1972, a few years after John Beveridge White retired, Eric Wallace also retired and the veterinary practice was renamed Pook & Partners, with Harold Lucas Pook becoming senior partner in that year. He retired in 1978, whereby the name changed again to Grater & Partners under George Grater. Gerry Humphreys took over as senior partner in 1986 at which point the practice got renamed to Endell Veterinary Group (as the RCVS would not allow it to be called Endless Street Practice!).
The specialised equine hospital located on the outskirts of the town was built in 1999 and has achieved RCVS Tier 3 accreditation.
We still have Herbet Rockett's day book dating back to 1934 among many other old veterinary notes and treatment recipes!