The Endell Equine Hospital has had a large involvement in reproduction medicine for many years both with the thoroughbred industry and non thoroughbreds. We offer a variety of services in this field.
- Routine breeding soundness
- Semen collection and evaluation
- Routine breeding soundness examinations
- Pre breeding gynaecological assessments
- Artificial insemination (chilled/frozen)
- Investigation of sub-optimal fertility and barrenness
- Surgical procedures including caesarian sections
- Newborn examinations
- Routine blood analysis including assessment of maternal antibody transfer
- Intensive neonatal care
- Neonatal orthopaedic surgery
The Endell Equine Hospital is a British Equine Veterinary Association approved practice for chilled and frozen artifical insemination. The premises and facilities have been inspected and the veterinary surgeons concerned undertake regular CPD on artificial insemination.
Endell Equine Hospital provides artificial insemination services on mares with:
- FRESH SEMEN
- CHILLED SEMEN
- FROZEN SEMEN
Artificial Insemination has many advantages over natural service and although not allowed in the thoroughbred general stud book has now become very accessible and popular with non thoroughbreds.
- Eliminates travelling long distances to visit the required stallion.
- Eliminates the reliance of covering slots by the required stallion.
- Greater choice of stallion within and outside the U.K.
- Reduces sexually transmitted diseases.
- Eliminates the risk of injury to the mare and stallion during the act of natural service.
FOALING MARE VIDEO